Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ferg is in the Shire in search of The Cube

Welcome to HISC

There was a lot of water under this bridge when we arrived!

Bridge with Hayling Island Sailing Center in the background




Welcome to Hayling Island…the land of extreme tides and much breeze. Although, I am starting to think that learning to drive on the left side of the road is going to prove to be our biggest learning curve.  We arrived yesterday after no sleep through the night but Scott, as usual, sucked it up and still went out sailing while I, as usual, chatted with old friends and sort of got my boat together. 

Today is registration and a practice sail with the breeze forecast to be in the upper 20’s. Scott will definitely sail while I might opt to drag my feet a bit longer and chat a bit more. Weather is London foggish…overcast and a bit chilly but we brought the right gear …perfect day to cozy up by the fire with a book but hey, why would we do that!



No comments:

Post a Comment