Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 2- A different day....

Can you find our room?
Go Ferg!
Mamasita...so serious!


Well, today was a bit lighter than most might have liked but possibly the playing field just got leveled. It's easy to say that this was a "little" person day but when you see Arnoud Hummel and Scott Ferguson each have to do a 720 yet still win their respective races, it puts things into focus.

As for me...I am reporting from the perspective of only 9 days in the boat all year and what it is like to be competing totally unprepared. In all truth, I wanted to bail out right after I had signed up as I was losing interest in Laser sailing all together but.... thought I would suck it up and stick with my commitment and sail. Although I was just deeper than mid fleet today I was happy to find that I still do enjoy the sport... how do I know? When I feel like I could wet my pants at the 5-minute gun that means that I am psyched. OK, a little too much information but it's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment